Thursday, May 7, 2015

Every Picture Has a Story to Tell

We've got three new Cut File sets in The Cut Shoppe today!  I always have such a hard time deciding which set to work with for my Thursday posts.  But this week, I knew I had to use the Stay Focused set.  The "Every Picture Has a Story to Tell" title was perfect for the photo I wanted to use this week!





https://www.etsy.com/listing/232509546/the-stay-focused-cut-file-set-consists?ref=shop_home_active_1

I used the Silhouette Sketch Pens to draw out the title and then used the offset feature to cut it out.  I wanted it to be a large element on the layout, so I kept things fairly simple.  Instead of adding mixed media on this layout, I kept the White background so all of the bright colors from the Life Document collection could pop.  And it may be a little hard to read the journaling (also done with the Sketch Pens), so here's what it says:  The Life of a Boy: Going down the slide with the metal cylinder from a vacuum cleaner probably wasn't your best idea.  But I guess it's just one of those life learning experiences!

If you're visiting the Shop to check out the Stay Focused cut file set, make sure you take a peek at the other two new sets that are available this week!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=hdr_shop_menu

And I'll be back with some more process videos soon.  I've been busy preparing to record segments for Scrapbook Soup TV, and there's been a lot to get done!  I'll share more about the upcoming episodes, soon!!

Supplies:  Stay Focused cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Stickers, Enamel Dots, & Bits:  Simple Stories; Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Wood Veneers:  Elle's Studio; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment