Thursday, August 11, 2016

Hello 3rd Grade

Summer break is coming to an end and school days are right around the corner, or have already started for some of you!  So if you've got some new Back to School photos or photos from past years, there's a new cut file set available this week that's perfect for your layout or project.  I used the You've Been Schooled cut file set, with the new Dear Lizzy Saturday collection on the layout I'm sharing today.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/458011290/the-youve-been-schooled-cut-file-set?ref=shop_home_active_1

I started with the atom design from the cut file set and cut it from White cardstock.  I wanted to back the open sections with various patterned papers from the Saturday collection.  After I filled each section with a different patterned paper, I stitched around the design with my sewing machine.


I placed the atom cut file in the center of the layout, and added a bit of adhesive just to the center of the design.  Next I cut the number image from the You've Been Schooled cut file set and then adhered them diagonally to the White cardstock background.  I tucked the numbers under the atom design and once I had all of them in place, I added more adhesive to secure the atom design to the background.

  
Once I had all of the background work completed, I started embellishing the layout.  I used a mix of the DL Thickers, wood veneers, and stickers for the title in the center of the atom.  Then I added some of the rubber shapes and chipboard pieces to the different sections of the atom.  I love how easily the You've Been Schooled cut file worked with the Saturday collection, to create a school themed layout!

In addition to the You've Been Schooled cut file set, there are also two new sets available this week.  You can check them out by visiting The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe
   
Thanks for stopping by today!

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment