Friday, September 2, 2016

Explore

Hi there,

Zsoka back here with you today with a new layout!

By now you probably will not be surprised that I chose a circle cut file set, again :). I'm not sure why I am so drawn to circles but it's what it is! This new set, Strings Attached, is kind of awesome, don't you think?! Circles and string art in one, you know what I mean?


I decided to use one of the latest releases for this layout, Cool Kid from Crate Paper. Obviously I love this collection! It's the right amount of cool and adorable in one and I just love the bright colors. It seems that Crate Paper can do nothing wrong!


I picked a grey star print paper for the background, so that the bright color papers I chose for backing my cut files just pop. I created the design in my Silhouette Studio first, drew some circles in different sizes and scattered them around my page. I added my string circles just so I see the whole design together. I then I removed these and left only my simple circles and cut those from the grey paper. Then I backed them with some scraps. The string circles I cut from white card stock and I backed these too with several different color papers. The biggest one I first backed with my photo, then after trimming it, I also added patterned paper behind it. I machine stitched around all these with black thread. I popped some of my string circles on foam for some variation. I scattered some embellies around the page, some puffy stickers, stickers, chipboard stickers and phrase stickers. Oh and that cute silver star that I have no idea what it is made of ha!





As a final step I added my journaling, date and the obligatory ink splatters! I hope you like how this turned out! Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day X



No comments:

Post a Comment