Tuesday, October 11, 2016

First Day of School

Hi it's Melissa here and I'm so happy to be back with you for my first October post.  For my this layout I decided it was about time I scrapped some photos of my son, and as I'd printed off my kid's first day of school photos for 2016 (which happens in February here in New Zealand) the You've Been Schooled cut file was perfect!

I've been very inspired by Missy Whidden's process videos and layouts lately, and knew that I wanted to do the packaging technique with my watercolours on this layout.  I dug deep into my stash and pulled out the Boys Rule collection by Crate Paper, and then colour matched some of the colours to create my background. I love that it turned out messy and chaotic (a bit like Sam's bedroom at the moment!!).


I cut the title on my Silhouette Cameo in white cardstock, and then backed it papers from the 6x6 paper pad.



I also used the Geotag from the cut file set.  I cut them in two different sizes, backed them with the neutral patterned paper and put a gem in the centre. 


I left the majority of the title in plain white cardstock so it could pop against the watercolour background.


Here is the cut file set, which you can purchase in the Etzy store here.


I think I say this every post, but there are so many options with a cut file set like this, I only used two of the cut files and I still have several back-to-school photos to scrap!  Such a great investment!!

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment