Saturday, October 8, 2016

You are TWO

Hi Everyone! Michelle here today with a fun and bright layout featuring the Brush up Alpha cut file. I've used more of my current favourite Fancy Free collection from Pink Paislee, as its still relatively new to me, and it took so long to get my hands on it here in Australia!

I'm finally documenting a special 2nd birthday from a few years back with this page, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

To create the background I've made the words by welding letters from the Brush Up Alpha set together, then grouped the words together to enable me to resize each individual line separately. Once cut out, I've sewn each line down onto the white cardstock using both straight and zigzag stitch. I really like the white on white look, as it allows you to add more detail without it taking over the page.



To create the photo stack I've layered 6x6 papers with a lace doily, and popped them up with some fun foam for a little extra dimension. I also added part of my journalling to the blank space on the photo. I found this helped to finish the page off.


Now I know I've used these fussy cut flowers on my previous pages, but I REALLY like the way they look arranged like this. Plus, I don't have the matching ephemera pack from this collection, so I repeated the arrangements to ensure the page was embellished.



Once the remainder of the page was finished I worked on making the title POP. I did however make a slight boo boo with Color shine as it was already sewn to the page. Whoops! I do still like how it turned out, even with the extra colour along the stitched line


Lastly, I cut down the edges of the white cardstock slightly, and matted to a pattern paper from the same collection, then made a mini cluster to the top right of the page with part of a tag, some chipboard and a glitter thicker cross


Well thats all from me today, Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time, Happy Scrapping!!
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment