Saturday, June 17, 2017

DIY Stencil Using Background Cut Files

Hello everyone! It's Zinia here and I'm back to share with you another art journal spread using some gorgeous cut files from the Cut Shoppe store.



I've been sharing a few artsy projects with you lately but for some reason I didn't really use my most favorite technique in them. What I mostly love about cut files in art journaling is creating my own stencils.

I use some laminating sheets, stick them together and feed them in my Silhouette to cut all sorts of fun stencils from the beautiful background cut files.



I really love playing with bright colors and layering acrylic paint. The optical illusion cut file is the perfect design to add a beautiful texture for a bit of extra interest in between the different layers.



You can use this technique in any project. It will work beautifully with cards or scrapbook layouts but I personally love using it in my art journal the most.


I really hope you enjoyed this and got inspired to use your cut files in more creative and artistic ways.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment