Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Stitched Spiral Scallop

Hi friends! Kelly here to share my final layout as a Cut Shoppe Design Team member! I started my term with a Disney themed layout and I'm leaving today with another Disney themed layout!




I started in Cricut Design Space by uploading the Spiral Scallop Cut File. I converted the image to "write" so I could use the image as a guide for my hand stitching. I also wanted the scallop edge to touch each circle to create more room for my title. So I duplicated the cut file image and then used the "contour" feature to delete the scallops. I repeated the same process using the "contour" feature for the second image but I instead removed all of the circles. This left one image that had only scallops and one image that had only circles. I then resized the circles to fit directly up against the scallops.Once I had everything sized properly I "attached" the image and sent it to the Cricut.


I used multiple colors of pink embroidery floss and hand stitched each scalloped circle on a piece of light pink pattern paper from the Maggie Holmes Bloom Collection. I then positioned my circular photo in the center of the cut file image and added multiple Pink Paislee Take Me Away and Oh My Heart embellishments designed by Paige Evans.


I've had so much fun being part of The Cut Shoppe Design Team and am so grateful to Ashley for the opportunity! It has been a true pleasure!

I'll leave you now with a process video that has a Cricut Design Space tutorial showing you exactly how I used the Spiral Scallop Cut File for this layout! Remember to head to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut file designs!








No comments:

Post a Comment