Tuesday, June 20, 2017

You Float My Boat



Hello everyone,

Nathalie here bringing you a new summer project that features the beautiful "Nautical Notions" cut file.





As this goes live, we are in the middle of packing our bags to set on a long family vacation to beautiful Ecuador, my native land.  This picture is one of our favorites from our last trip back home.






I chose the Nautical Notions cut file  to create the helm as the large icon on this layout.  Once cut from one of the papers in Ashley's Ain't Life Grand collection, i created an offset to the image, and cut it from white cardstock.





After gluing the two cut outs together, a bit of hand stitching does not only secure them together, but add texture to the page.  A bit of mixed media behind the helm brings the eye to the piece.  A few of the embellishment pieces from the collection were added around the helm , and picture to create a visual triangle on the page.




The title of this page was also created from the same cut file.  Once again i used  a paper from the collection to cut it from, and machine stitched it to the page.  A few enamel dots complete the page.

 Remember to check the Nautical Notions cut file, and all the other designs in the Cut Shoppe Etsy Store.  There is so much inspiration on the designs and products available at the store.


Thanks for stopping by today!,  Sadly this is    my last post for the Cut Shoppe, as the design team  will be finishing at the end of this month.  I will forever be thankful to Ashley for taking a chance on me, and being a constant source of inspiration and encouragement!.  The past 12 months being on this team have been memorable: i got to meet a great group of designers, work with Ashley's beautiful designs, and shared my work with you all.    I am sure I will see you all around (just follow  me on Instagram or my blog)

Take care!




No comments:

Post a Comment