Wednesday, June 7, 2017

You



Hello everyone. Enza here with a new layout featuring a background cut file: Sketchy Scallops.





I have to admit I struggled a little with this page. The main reason was that I really wanted to create a summer layout with a non-summery collection. It is definitely easier with a themed line, where patterned papers and embellishments are designed to give you a specific look, but I couldn’t resist the beauty of the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Wild at Heart collection that came in my June Clique Kits.

I started by picking patterned papers that reminded me of summer. A light aqua one with white drops/polka dots to give the idea of water for the bottom portion of the page, and an ombre pink one that made me think of sunsets for the top part. I used them to back my cut file, making sure to leave some areas empty for the background paper to show through.



My idea was to continue the same color scheme throughout the page by choosing embellishments that matched the background. All the different tones of pink were kept on the top, while the aqua/blue ones were used in the bottom section. It was like working on two different layouts at the same time ;)




The layers behind the photo include both colors, but I still tried to keep them separate as much as I could.



Enamel dots, flair buttons and wood veneer pieces finished the layout.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my process and I sure hope that this layout gives you a feel of summer somehow. Don’t forget to check TheCut Shoppe Etsy store for more inspiring cut files.

Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment