Thursday, December 7, 2017

New Cut Files | Merry Everything

Christmas is coming and we've got some great cut files for all of your ho ho holiday projects!  There are four new sets available today in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store.  These would be perfect for layouts, Christmas cards, Traveler's Notebooks and your December Daily albums!  I used the Merry Christmas cut file, with a bit of hand-stitching, to create an eye-catching look on my layout!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/577884053/the-merry-christmas-cut-file-consists-of?ref=shop_home_feat_1


I opened the cut file in Silhouette Studio and used the Trace feature to get my cut lines.  Then I used one of the Sketch Pens to draw the reindeer.  After that, I kept the mat in the machine, changed out the Sketch Pen with the blade and cut the words.  I wanted to fill in the reindeer, so I hand-stitched along the outline and then went back and added a string art look inside the design.




I backed the words with one of the darker patterned papers from the Pinkfresh Studio December Days collection.  Then I machine stitched around the circle of words, just to have more stitching on the layout.  I like to mix hand stitching and machine stitching on my layouts!


I placed my photo in the bottom corner of the layout, to keep from covering the stitched reindeer.  I used a puffy sticker from December Days under the photo, for my title.  I kept the rest of the embellishing simple, by creating a few clusters in a visual triangle around the layout.

You can visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy store and pick up this new cut file set, along with three other new designs!  And we love seeing what you create, so make sure you tag us any time you share on social media!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome page!! Love the string art and love all the cut files!!!

    ReplyDelete