Saturday, April 14, 2018

Mum Life | Tarrah McLean

Hi TCS fans!

It's Tarrah McLean here and I am very excited to share my first layout with you as part of The Cut Shoppe design team! 

As soon as I saw this brand new Heart and Soul cut file, I knew I wanted to hand stitch the right hand side but have the left side cut from paper...

To achieve this in the software, I had to subtract the left part from the right, I then put the left side back onto the cutting mat in the software and cut it from this heart paper. Once that was finished I deleted that part and then put the right hand side back onto the cutting mat, using the sketch pens instead of the blade this time I set the software to sketch the lines for me onto the pink ombre paper so I had a guide for the holes to be pierced, I then chose different coloured cottons and went ahead and stitched. Once the handstitching was complete, I adhered the left hand heart cut out paper to the pink ombre paper!

I just love how the coloured stitching turned out! It was worth the few hours it took me to get it done! Once it was complete, I only really needed to add my photo, title and some embellishments and I was finished!

The photo I chose is one of me in my car, its where I seem to spend a lot of my time lately...running my boys here, there and everywhere! Hence the title of my page....Mum Life!!!

I mainly used the Paige Evans/Pink Paislee 'Oh My Heart' collection for this layout, I have lots of Paige's collections to use up so I will be sure to use some of them up for my projects for The Cut Shoppe!

This is the cut file called 'Heart and Soul' I used that is now in the The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!
 Heart and Soul

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment