Thursday, May 17, 2018

New Cut Files | 12

I have a confession to make...I am not a big fan of creating birthday layouts!  There's just always something about the photos and the need to make a themed layout.  But I have tossed the themed birthday layouts to the curb, and have decided to give birthday themed layouts more of an everyday look.  On today's layout, I used the new Let's Party cut file and a photo of our oldest daughter from her birthday dinner in January.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/600963482/the-lets-party-cut-file-can-be-used-for?ref=shop_home_feat_1


I used the Pink Paislee Oh My Heart collection by Paige Evans.  I cut the banner from one of the ombre papers in the collection, because I wanted some color on the cut file.  Then I backed the open half circles with patterns from the 6x6 paper pad.  For the background, I used one of the patterned papers that had a confetti look and then I stitched along the top of each row of the banner.




I wanted to have two large clusters for the main design of my layout.  I started at the top with my photo.  We went out for Hibachi, and there was a lot going on in the photo, so I changed it to black & white to have it coordinate better with the Oh My Heart collection.  A lot of times, I like to pair fussy cutting with my cut files, and I did just that on this layout.  I fussy cut some flowers from one of the patterned papers and layered them around the photo.


The second cluster on the layout includes the title, which is simply just "12".  I cut the numbers from White card stock and then backed them with one of the 6x6 papers.  I continued the look from the top cluster, with some more fussy cut flowers.  Then I added some stickers from the Paige Evans sticker book to complete the look. 


This is a fun, versatile cut file and I know that you'll see more upcoming layouts from the Design Team, using this design!  You can find it now in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, along with three other awesome new designs!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe


https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment